Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Party 2011

Welcome one and all to my very first Halloween Party! Please, pull up a toadstool or a cauldron--stay a while! I insist!


Let's venture beyond the door, past Mr. Scarecrow and Mr. Birdy and into a new realm....


This is the first thing we see as we enter the haunted house--Hazel's Apothecary :) Little bats fluttering by the fireplace, jars full of wacky things, like potions and poisons...for only 10 shillings. Won't you stop by?


And right in the front entrance is Mr. Skelly and his jack-o-lantern friend. We got those two pumpkins at a pumpkin patch, and I loved picking them out :)


Aqua came over to help me decorate, and she spread cobwebs over the stairway, adding a few authentic spiders for effect :) And then I added a glow in the dark garland with bats on it just to be silly :)


Do you like our star garland? It's hanging right over the entryway into the family room. I love it so much :)


Ooh, are you hungry? We have plenty of treats! I had wanted to make the food myself, but we ran out of time....so Costco helped us out. :) Thanks Costco! (Who doesn't love that place?)


Mmm....yummmmmmy!!!!! Lovely candy! Because you can never have enough :)


Mrs. Cackles left her hat and cauldron on the breakfast bar...naughty witchy! Although I suppose that's part of her persona....after all, she is a witch! But I must remember to keep an eye on that trickster...I never know when she's going to cast a spell. teehee, I need to learn some spells from her :)


We also decorated the chandelier that hangs above our dining room table. We hung the little ghosties and a couple of stars. The cobwebs were already there....we start decorating for Halloween right away by not dusting the entire year. Haha just kidding...kind of :)))



And, you will love Mr. Scarecrow's little pumpkin patch! Full of tiny pumpkins that are so adorable!


There's the little mastermind now! Why is he hanging around Mrs. Cackle?? Has he gone to the dark side? What is going on here?????



Well, let's get back to the pumpkins. Doesn't this huge pile of miniature pumpkins just make your heart burst and swoon with pride and joy???? I love the little pumpkin patch :)


The pumpkins below are tiger pumpkins. They are so magical! I don't know what it is about these orange little babes that makes them so enjoyable, but they just are!



Oh, Halloween was such fun! We all dressed up--I was Alice from Alice in Wonderland, and I even had to wear a blonde curly wig and everything :) very fun! Aqua did my makeup, which included black and blue eye shadow and sparkly silver eyeliner. I loved it! (Compliments to my mother for making this wonderful wonderful costume!!!!! I love it!:)

We took group pictures, but I don't want to post them unless I have permission from the people in the picture. But if I do get permission, I will definitely post them :) 

Best witches, and happy Halloween everyone!!! Hope you had a great time :)

Hugs and hexes,

Pumpkin Clip Art

 Jessica

6 comments:

  1. Love your party! Those tiger pumpkins are so neat! I have never seen anything like that before, they are fabulous! Also, your witch painting is delightful, you are very talented. Happy Halloween!

    http://broomsticksandlace.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-halloween-fanciful-twist.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party. Lots of cute decorating.

    I love the tiger pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN FUN!
    Enchanting Decor.
    Please fly by party when you can...
    Hauntingly Yours, Lyndy >^..^<

    Princess Diana's Wedding Ring Giveaway & Halloween Party:
    http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i love all your pumpkins :)
    why not hop over for a spooky tale at my place :
    http://madame-mels.blogspot.com/2011/10/tale-of-curiosity.html
    the more the merrier :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Jessica,
    The tiny little pumpkin patch was Wonderful to skip through and I Love the Star Garland as Well. How Sparkly.
    Thank you for inviting me to your Delightful Party.
    Please stop by and visit for a Mad Halloween Tea Party....We would love to have you stop in....
    Have a Happy Halloween
    Spells and Wishes
    Wendy from Wonderland
    http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adoring all of your pumpkins!! What a wonderful party :) happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete